Re: cpu usage reaches 90% while calling method

The problem is probably not in the SOAP, but probably in whatever you
implemented within the web service backend to do the "fetch."  Whatever
SOAP library you're using for PHP, they can all execute in 100ms or
less.

You can try to take the classes implementing your service and instrument
them in a simple command line script and time the responses and observe
the system.

Regards,
Al