Re: potential fix for bug 42637

On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 11:58 -0400, Bill Moran wrote:
> I posted this to internals@ on Friday and haven't heard anything.

Hi Bill!

This patch is *great*.  In fact, I'll take two!  It's a steal!  I was
running into the same problem and your patch is a life saver!

Free beer for Bill in the future!

Hopefully PHP 5.2.5 will be released soon and will include this fix!?

One would think that PHP would have automated regression testing running
on a build farm somewhere that would find a bug like this!

Did you see the CVS changelog between 1.106 and 1.107?  Its flagged as
as "MFB".  What's that mean, then? "Merge from branch"?  "More
functionality breakage?"

I personally prefer the NetBSD CVS commit message policy:

- Explain in detail what your CVS commit changes
- Why you did it
- What it could break
- What trouble tickets/problem reports are related to
- What release engineering branches are affected?
- Who peer-reviewed your change and approved your commit.

Otherwise they'll just cane you.

~BAS