Re: soap attachment, arrays with attributes and a restrictive java soap server

Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:

PS: I will probably end up hacking out that point in PEAR::SOAP as well .. *sigh*

OK, it finally worked. Here are the changes I have done from PEAR::SOAP. I have not yet confirmed if all of these steps were necessary, but I will over the course of the next days. For all necessary changes I will provide patches that will hopefully be applied.

1) I changed the "SOAP-ENV" namespace to "soapenv". Since I am using literal I did not need to bother with "SOAP-ENC"

2) I changed the linefeeds from \r\n to \n everywhere and removed the line feeds inside the SOAP message alltogether (I presume I do not need to do the later in reality).

3) I changed the SOAP message itself to be send as plain text with encoding "binary"

4) I added the ability to define aribtrary attributes into the attachment referencing tags, so that I was able to add the "filename" attribute in the below example:

<content filename="image1.gif" href="cid:1746ED6DDE448400271DA805A3580400"/>

5) I have made it possible to serialize an array as follows when using literal encoding:

<ding field="bar">123</ding>
<ding field="bar">456</ding>

Instead of

<ding>
  <item field="bar">123</item>
  <item field="bar">456</item>
</ding>

6) Removed the soap encoding namespace definition out of the envelope

7) Keep the soap action tag inside the body, instead of just passing the parameters directly.

<soapenv:Body>
<SubmitRequest>
 <foo>bar</foo>
</SubmitRequest>
</soapenv:Body>

Instead of

<soapenv:Body>
<foo>bar</foo>
</soapenv:Body>

When calling the soap method SubmitRequest with the parameter "foo" and the parameter value "bar"

----

If anyone can confirm that they have run into any of the above issues (or slight variations of this), that would be helpful in determining how the patches should look like. It will probably also make Jan's life easier in deciding which patches to accept (although I of course hope he will accept all). Like I said, I will go through all of the 8 noted things to verify if they were indeed relevant.

regards,
Lukas