NetSuite integration

I'm trying to do integrate with NetSuite 2.5 and am having a heckuva time. Granted, their docs don't help all that much since they are written in Java (which wouldn't be bad except their example application is also written in Java -- which I _could_ port, and spent part of this morning trying to -- but it is from several versions ago and the WSDL has since changed so searches break).

I've tried an Axis-style php generator called wsdl2php, but that doesn't quite cut it with the complexity of the NetSuite WSDL. I was wondering, has anybody else successfully integrated with NetSuite or, if not, found a decent generator? I understand Axis2 and SDO are in the works with extensions into PHP. Of course, maybe I'm approaching this wrong, too.

Cheers,

andrew