SoapServer->handle returning extra lines at start of message

I've set up a SoapServer using a wsdl file. It loads and parses the WSDL fine. However, when I attempt to browse to the handler and ask for the WSDL, it is resulting in 2 new lines before the actual <?xml version="1.0"?> header.

Any thoughts on why it is doing this?

My setup is a php script on an apache server. Nothing special. Just doing a very basic:

http://myserver/services/foo?wsdl

And the WSDL is returned, but with the extra lines.  Firefox complains.

Any thoughts?

-jim