StdClass Object returned from __soapCall???

Just wanted to check if anybody knows why the return values from a web
service I am connecting with returns response values as a stdClass
object instead of an associative array like I was expecting?

I am using a wrapper class that extends SoapClient and I am using
$this->__soapCall to call the web service method and I have the
__doRequest method overridden to handle xml cleanup before request is
made:

public function __doRequest($request, $location, $action, $version) {
  // xml cleanup code
  return parent::__doRequest($request, $location, $action, $version);
}

Here is the response:

stdClass Object
(
    [request-event] => LP123
    [pos-transaction-id] => 1024
    [px-transaction-id] => 2254126
    [datetime] => 2006-07-06T11:58:33.596
    [sender-id] => PCZ
    [response-code] => 435
    [response-message] => Card Already Active
    [printed-card-number] => xxxxxxxxxxxx3980
    [masked-card-number] => 3980
    [trailer-width] => 0
    [trailer-line-count] => 0
)

Any suggestions to access response data as an associative array would be
appreciated!

Ken Vandegrift
kvandegrift@sharis.com <mailto:kvandegrift@sharis.com>
Web Administrator