Re: Removing ns1 namespace qualifier

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006, Vandegrift, Ken wrote:

> Is there an easy way to remove the "ns1" namespace qualifier from a SOAP
> BODY request using PHP's SOAP Extension?

Yes, but it's a hack... :)

> <activate-add-request>
> </activate-add-request>
>
> The SOAP server keeps throwing a JAVA  error because it is not expecting
> the namespace qualifier.
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

Are you sure this is the right fix? I am pretty sure it's illegal to have
non-namespaced elements in SOAP (or at least here). Maybe it's
expecting them in a default namespace? It shouldn't matter, but who
knows?

Anyway, the answer to your question is to subclass SOAPClient and
define a __doRequest() method. Inside that method, you can hack up
your XML (using search and replace, regex, or DOM, etc.) to manipulate
it to your liking.

For example, see:

http://www.schlossnagle.org/~george/blog/index.php?/archives/235-Salesforce.com-and-PHP.html

-adam

--
adam@trachtenberg.com | http://www.trachtenberg.com
author of o'reilly's "upgrading to php 5" and "php cookbook"