WSDL and Authentication

Good Day All,

Trying to connect to a web service to handle our company's gift card
activation and when trying to instantiate a SoapClient object with the
WSDL parameter, I get an HTTP Authentication failure.

Warning: SoapClient::__construct(http://.../b2b.wsdl
<http://.../b2b.wsdl> ) [function.--construct]: failed to open stream:
HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized in
C:\AMP\Apache2\htdocs\soap.php on line 5

I have a username and password, but I am not sure how to include it.  I
have tried:

$client = new SoapClient(http://path/to/file.wsdl
<http://path/to/file.wsdl> , array("login" => "userid", "password" =>
"pwd");

I keep getting the HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ken Vandegrift