Authentication: Practical example

Hi NG,

The source is to complicated to include here in which case I have uploaded
it to my webserver: http://www.datanom.net/~mir/login/

My example shows some annoyances with SOAP or the SOAP implementation
in PHP5.

1) In PEAR::SOAP you were able to add a header handler inside the actual
server in which case clients could set mustUnderStand to true. In ext/SOAP
this is not working - or at least I have not been able to make it work:-)
2) Passing headers requires you to implement your own header parser and
overload Client::__doRequest if you want to be able to use a client
generated from a WSDL. Or you could stick to Client::__soapCall. The
server part PEAR::SOAP created a header handler automatically but in the
client you had to create your own header handler
3) I have not been able to figure out how to add it to a WSDL in a way
that clients automatically would create the appropriate headers.
4) Security would have to rely on HTTPS
5) Implementing WSSE is a task I have not been able to solve jet.

Any solutions/comments out there?

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen