Re: PHP5 SOAP Extension - Request Header Elements with Attributes

Hello all,

I'm by no means an expert here, but think about this: the reason we're
(re)loading into DOM objects is to add attributes. To me it looks like a
straightforward thing to add support for just that to the SoapClient and/or the
SoapHeader class. In the SoapHeader class you can set the value for
'mustUnderstand'...why not make that more generic? (Add attributes, link to
namespaces, set values, etc.). The way PHP handles this at the moment is not
very flexible and not completely consistent. (The PEAR SOAP extension for
instance automatically adds the 'actor' attribute. I couldn't find a way to get
rid of it, my SOAP server doesn't understand it and therefore I can't use the
extension.)

Hope this helps the discussion,
Peter.