Re: Frequent crashes in multithreaded webserver since new WSDLcaching code in ext/soap

Andi Gutmans wrote:

Yeah I agree with Dmitry. Disk-cache is not so much about local performance, but about not requiring to open an HTTP connection for fetching the WSDL if it's a remote URL. Actually I think people will often want to use both. You don't want an apachectl restart to require each process to refetch the WSDL file from remote (if you're not using a local copy)

I agree with Andi and Dmitry, insofar as it would be useful to have a two-stage cache: disk+memory.

George