has anyone use a SoapClient within a SoapServer implementation in php5?

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has had this same problem and found a workaround?

I am trying to use a SOAP client within a SOAP server and it caused the SOAP server to fail to respond properly to its clients with a SoapFault when a problem arose. It works fine if there is no error to return to the client.

so a diagram might help...

[SOAP Client A]

[SOAP Server A]
  +[SOAP Client B] ---> [SOAP Server B]
  +[return SoapFault]

...looks like we got no XML document...

The response (SoapFault) to the SOAP Client A looks like it is empty. I'm wondering if the SoapFault mechanism is corrupted by the SoapClient initialization. I've tested the idea of faking a response from the SOAP Server B, i.e. don't create a SOAP Client B, and the returning SoapFault works as expected.

tested on these:
PHP 5.1.2
IIS 6

PHP 5.1.1