From: Laura Broughton [mailto:broughtonlaura@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 11:21 PM
To: soap@lists.php.net
Subject:  A general question

Hello
I posted before but i think it was a bit of a stupid question. Im really not
having much luck with this web services and SOAP thing and wondered if
anyone could help me out.  I might ask some pretty dumb things but thats
because im not completely clued up about everything and im still trying to
work it all out!

When i try to build something, most of the tutorials i find seem to use
services from the xmethods site, is this mandatory? How would i write
something without them, can i just have my client, server and my own WSDL
file? Does anyone know where i can start off writing something that is 100%
mine instead of referring to xmethods??

Any help is very much appreciated, its hard starting out learning something
new!
Many thanks
Laura