Re: SOAP complex type extension issues

Hi Harlan,

Harlan Iverson wrote:
My issue seems to be related to PHP bug #34218 (http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=34218); it involves compex type inheritance mapping to PHP classes. For example, my WSDL says return ShippingMethod, the function returns an instance of UpsShippingMethod which extends ShippingMethod both in code and in XSD, but the server returns ShippingMethod because WSDL says so (or faults if ShippingMethod is abstract). The correct behavior would be to check the type of the actual instance and make sure it is_a ShippingMethod and populate the complexType mapped to get_class.

I believe the modifications we are making would be very beneficial to PHP as an e-commerce, and webservice in general, platform. Unfortunately, this is a show stopping issue for this project (aside from gross hackery); what are the options for getting this issue resolved?

It seems indeed as if it's a bug. I see you already put a comment at bug report #34218. You could mail the original author to re-open the bug (current status: no feedback) or, by no response, open an new bug report.

Kind regards,

David