WSDL over SSL with a bad cert

I tried posting this via NNTP, but I don't think it ever showed up. Apologies for the double-post if I'm wrong. Could use a little help here...

I'm trying to use SOAP with WSDL over SSL on a server that has a weird
certificate. I'm able to do it directly with curl and curl_setopt, but
am not sure how to do it similarly with SOAP. This is what I'm trying:

$options = array(
	'curl' => array(
		'CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER' => 0,
		'CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST' => 2
	)
);

$wsdl = new
SOAP_WSDL('https://idd.infocasa.com/webservice/iddwebservice.asmx?WSDL',
$options);

But it doesn't work -- I'm running the script from the command line and
it just sits there for a while (til whatever the timeout is I guess)
and then ends without any kind of error. If I try to do:

$soapclient = $wsdl->getProxy();

Then I get errors.

I'm guessing I'm just not setting those options properly. I'm aware of
$client->setOpt, but that wouldn't take effect until after the request
is made, right?

thanks,
-josh