Re: PHP5 SoapClient and Apache Axis interop

There is no SOAP response. Apache Axis throws a java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError and (since its running in Tomcat), the response is basically a Tomcat error page (HTML).

I was hoping someone might have some experience (maybe an example of axis server and php client?) and know the incantation to make them talk to each other. This could be an Axis problem (I've posted to that user group as well, no responses so far), but it happens with RPC encoding or Document/literal encoding.... same error. Since the WSDL seems to be correct with either method, and Axis has been around longer, I'm leaning towards there being a problem with the PHP side; but again, that's just a guess.

I don't think I included it in my first message, but the $userService is created with:

    $userService =
        new SoapClient(
            "https://localhost:8043/whisper-server/ws/UserService?wsdl";,
            array(