ext/soap handing of header params

I'm looking at php's handling of a wsdl file with this fragment:

<binding name="SessionCreateSoapBinding" type="tns:SessionCreatePortType">
<soap:binding style="document" transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"/>
<operation name="SessionCreateRQ">
<soap:operation soapAction="OTA"/>
<input>
<soap:header message="tns:GetSessionCreateInput" part="header" use="literal"/>
<soap:header message="tns:GetSessionCreateInput" part="header2" use="literal"/>
<soap:body parts="body" use="literal"/>
</input>
<output>
<soap:header message="tns:GetSessionCreateOutput" part="header" use="literal"/>
<soap:header message="tns:GetSessionCreateOutput" part="header2" use="literal"/>
<soap:body parts="body" use="literal"/>
</output>
</operation>
</binding>

these binding.operation.input.header blocks are currently
a) entering the proxy classes call prototype
b) not being put into the actual soap envelope as headers but as body nodes.

This is clearly broken.  As I see it one of two things need to occur:

a) drop the header params from the proxy class's method prototype and require they be set by hand. (ick, imho)
b) have php correctly integrate them into the request as headers.

I'm happy to patch it t either behavior myself (as I need it now), but I wanted to get some opinions on which is the correct way.

Thanks,

George

George Schlossnagle

-- Prinicipal Consultant