Re: Pear - SOAP

Ronald,

This should have gone to the php-soap mailing list (php.soap NNTP).

I have CC'ed this reply there also.

I hope you find the answer you want there.

- Davey

Ronald Helmstrijd wrote:
Hi Everybody,

This is my First post to the list, so If I make any newby mistakes, forgive
me,,,

I am using the SOAP functionality for exchanging data between 2 web
services.

One service can generate user specific forms and they can fill in all kinds
of fields.

The other service can link to those forms. I have create a SOAP connection
from the second

Service to the first, to retrieve the location, title, and some textfields
to make that link possible.

All went fine, everything worked, but then at some point someone make a form
and copied/paste

Information out of MSword into the title and text field. On the client end
of the service I now get

XML mismatched errors and I believe it is because of the quotes and other
special chars used

In MSword.

I then checked the __wire option and saw that the XML fields weren't
"protected" with CDATA tags.

The only thing that I can think of to prevent this mismatch from happening
is adding those CDATA tags, but I can not find a way to do this.

So my question is, in simpler terms, How do I get the CDATA tags around
textual content that have chars in it that can screw up the xml.

I have been browsing the web of and on for this info, so if someone could
help me out, I would really appreciate it!

Thnx,

Ronald H

The Netherlands