Re: SOAP - Voice, how to?

Streaming audio is probably inappropriate for both SOAP and PHP.
However, both SOAP and PHP could be used as "surround" to a system where
you gave the client a URL or other location data on where they should go
to get the audio (e.g. RTP server and port).

The other alternative is to send text back in the SOAP resposne, and
have the client do text-to-speech to "play" the text.  I'm not sure how
widely deployed TTS software is on end-user PCs.  Most of the time you
would find a TTS engine tied into a voice mail system or IVR system
where it plays you a recording or reads an e-mail to you over the phone.

Al