Boolean value getting improperly converted to array

I hope someone can help me out with this.  I am sending a object to my SOAP
Sever that holds a couple of boolean values.  The object appears correct,
but one of my boolean values always gets converted by PEAR::SOAP to be an
array of values.  I've tracked down where this conversion is happening, it's
in the _decode function of Base.php.  While looping over the items in my
object PEAR::SOAP evaluates this line " } else if
(isset($return->{$item->name})) {" which it ends up evaluating as true for
this one boolean value.

Here is the item that is being checked by this code:
array (
  'value' => 'false',
  'name' => 'DeleteOldestWhenFull',
  'type' => 'boolean',
  'namespace' => 'urn:Voicemail',
  'type_namespace' => 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema',
  'attributes' =>
  array (
  ),
  'arrayType' => '',
  'options' =>
  array (
  ),
  'nqn' =>
  array (
    'name' => 'DeleteOldestWhenFull',
    'ns' => '',
    'namespace' => 'urn:Voicemail',
  ),
  'tqn' =>
  array (
    'name' => 'boolean',
    'ns' => '',
    'namespace' => 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema',
  ),
  'type_prefix' => '',
)

As far as I can tell that looks perfect (exactly like another boolean value
in the same object, except for it's name).

After the line of evaluation happens my new object looks like this:
array (
  'ClassOfServiceID' => 11,
  'Name' => 'New COS',
  'Number' => '200',
  'DefaultPassword' => '4321',
  'MaxMessageLengthSeconds' => 0,
  'MessageTimePerMailboxMinutes' => 0,
  'MaximumNumMessages' => 0,
  'DeleteOldestWhenFull' =>
  array (
    0 => false,
    1 => false,
  ),
  'DirectoryListingEnabled' => false,
  'ClassOfServiceRightList' => NULL,
)

Why does DeleteOldestWhenFull convert to an array, when
DirectoryListingEnabled doesn't?  I can't seem to figure out what exactly is
happening here.  Any help would be greatly appreaciated.  I'm using an older
version of PEAR::SOAP and am unable to upgrade it, I can however make
appropriate changes to the version I have if this is a bug that has been
fixed.

Thanks,
Rob