Re: Re: SOAP_Fault()

On Sat, 22 May 2004 00:39:34 +0200, Arnaud Limbourg wrote:

> IIRC there was an issue with the error handler. CVS commit logs might
> explain the change.

In the commit logs the differences between 7.1 and > 7.1 is obvious. From
version 1.31 all new <some class>() are changed to references insteed of
passing by value. Maybe this is coursing the problems in php < 5.x. From
what I have found out, is one of the big developments in php 5.x it's
ability to handle nested object references properly. In php < 5.x this is,
in my opinion, very buggy. In fact one common error message when doing
var_dump of SOAP_Fault objects is that php complains about recursive
references in the object.

My conclusion: PEAR::SOAP > 0.7.1 is for php 5.x only, and therefore you
should put a warning saying that for php < 5.x the stable version is
0.7.1.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen