Deserialization problem

Hi!

I am new to SOAP technologies and am trying to find out more about them. I have made a simple web service in Java and tried to write a small client in PHP. I tried two variants: SOAP support included in PHP5 and nusoap library, but in both cases I get the following error message when I try to call a method of my web service:

Server.userException: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Deserializing parameter 'customerDetails': could not find deserializer for type {http://isap.tarassov.net}CustomerDetailsType

In the client I use the following code:

$customer = array('name' => "Andrey");

$client = new SoapClient("mywsdl");
// This works
$client->searchTickets(null, null);
// And this causes an exception
$client->searchTickets(null, $customer);

As I understand the problem is with server not being able to deserialize the provided data. My question is: does this have anythign to do with client-side (PHP) or is this rather a problem with the implementation of the web service?

Thanks,

Andrey