Re: The future of PEAR SOAP?

Galbreath, Mark A wrote:

Hmmmm....I am a php newbie, but am making quick progress on my first
application (php is so cool).  On the advice of a friend, I just started
looking into PEAR, particularly for Web services.  Is this not the best use
of my time, considering the message below?

no php5 is still a bit off before being ready and more importantly before the world has made the switch. It is very likely that in a year from now php4 will be still more available than php5. The new extension is php5 only and quite fresh as well.

regards,
Lukas Smith
smith@backendmedia.com
  BackendMedia