Re: Best Toolkit?

I asked the same questions a few weeks ago and reached the same conclusion
that Mike.

However is here my own experience:

- PEAR::SOAP is not yet 100% PHP5 compatible. Arnaud sayd that a rewrite is
under way.
- PEAR::SOAP does not support Digest authentification, which I need to
access a .net SOAP server (mappoint)
- Now, from what you can read in the PEAR::SOAP source code, it seems that
the next version will rely on curl lib to
do http accesses (it already does this for https), so all the http layer
will be much better and support Digest auth.
- There is actually a bug in curl lib that forbids its use with POST method
& Digest auth, exactly what mappoint needs :-)
- PEAR::SOAP has no documentation, so you spend time looking at wsdl files,
trying to understand what to send to the server, and
then how to tell PEAR::SOAP to send it. Exactly the opposite of what soap is
designed for.

So I ended sending plain XML thru a curl http request, after having compiled
a curl lib with the correct data for Digest auth.

Anyway, I'll go back to PEAR::SOAP once the rewrite for PHP5 is done
because, even if my project works at the moment with plain
XML and a patched curl lib. And if I have some time I'll try to help debug
the curl problem..

Hope it helps!

  Bernard