RE: PEAR::SOAP and Sessions?

Actually the .Net client is capable of storing cookies. To enable them you
need to initialize the cookiecontainer in the webservice instance, so after
instantiating your webservice client, do:

Webservice.CookieContainer = New System.Net.CookieContainer

That should do the trick, though it's been a while since I've done this, so
there might be a step that I'm missing.  I know that .NET webservice clients
can store cookies when using HTTP, and that it works with PHP sessions.

This method of implementing sessions for SOAP services is frowned upon,
however, since SOAP services should not be transport dependant, and cookies
are a feature of the HTTP protocol.

I believe the "official" soap method of sessions is to use the SOAP header
to store the session token or auth info (depending on what functionality you
need, sessions or just authentication), though I haven't implemented this
myself.

Cheers,
-Javier

D-624 ) :-)</shameless plug>