Timeout Issue

I don't know if this is a SOAP issue or not, but I thought I'd ask if anyone
has run into this.

I have a reporting system setup that uses SOAP for transmitting the data.
When I run a report query against my MySQL database that takes ~2 seconds or
less everything is fine.  But if I run a query that takes more that 4
seconds to process my script dies and returns a "Invalid HTTP Response"
error.

Has anyone run into something like this?  Does SOAP reset the default max
execution time?

Rob