PEAR::SOAP server for dotnet client

I've been trying to write a fairly simple PEAR::SOAP server that will be used mainly for dotnet clients. I'd worked out that this would probably need doc/literal so went looking for examples. I eventually found the interop sample code and adapted server_Round3GroupDDocLit.php which more or less works. But there's code in there I don't understand and I've been unable to make it work without using a WSDL file. This is my second (PHP) SOAP project after a trivial call to Google's API so I'm feeling my way here.

So:-

Can anyone point me at docs, sample code or articles about PEAR::SOAP doc/literal servers?

Has anyone coded a doc/literal server without a WSDL file?

If WSDL is essential, can anyone recommend a simple WSDL editor?

--
Julian Bond Email&MSM: julian.bond@voidstar.com
Webmaster:              http://www.ecademy.com/