FYI php 5 development work in cvs

FYI

I have commited the early work for a php 5 version of the soap module into the pear cvs. The php 4 code is now in a branch. If you're using the php 4 code from cvs, you'll need to checkout the branch:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.php.net:/respository -r ZEND_ENGINE_1 -d pear4 pear

The HEAD branch of the pear cvs repository contains php5 code now.

Whenever talks.php.net gets updated next, my slides from php{con west will appear in the Web Services section. This contains a few slides showing some simple examples of the php 5 module. If you want the slide sooner, you can check out the pres2 and presentations modules from cvs.php.net.

Note that the new code is not installable at this time from the pear command, and is development code only, not for production use. The new code requires the new DOM extension based on libxml to be compiled and available.

Regards,
Shane