Re: Persistance

Hello,

On 10/17/2003 01:44 PM, Will Green wrote:
Ok, first, I do understand that, as of 0.7.5, PEAR::SOAP does not have persistance. I got to thinking why this hasn't been implemented (and how I might go about implementing it), when I came across this question:

What would necessitate the use of persistent server-side objects?

If I got you right, I do not see the need for SOAP and persistent to necessarily be provided together.

You can have a persistence API and wrap it around a SOAP interface.

Anyway, you may want to check Metastorage that generates a persistence API for your application data objects. It is possible that in the future it will generate SOAP wrappers which it seems to be what you want.

For now, it generates data object classes from a model definition in XML. It also generates a class to install the database schema and support to generate classes to handle specific types of user interface based in Web forms.

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP
http://www.phpclasses.org/