Newbie Questions

I'm all too new to this SOAP thing. I'm an intermediate PHP developer, and I
need some answers.

I am tryin to work out exactly how SOAP works, can anyone help me. I'm in
the middle of writing a WSDL generator in PHP using DISCO server. I've
successfully spit out well formed WSDL and I can read it into a simple PHP
SOAP client. But I can't understand the flow of everything. Here's a flow
chart of what I got in my head, people correct me please.

CLIENT --> request for WSDL (generated in PHP) --> WSDL defines the
input/output vars and functions --> a SOAP request sends vars --> PHP
processes vars in a function (where do i put these functions??) --> SOAP
response sends back result vars

I'm using the example below and I can't seem to figure out where the actual
PHP functions and intelligence goes. The WSDL defines functions and vars,
but where do my functions go, and where can I reference them.

http://talks.php.net/show/soap-phpcon-ny2003/70

Any help would be VERY MUCH appreciated.

THANKS!!

...Dustin Nantais
Aphex Imaging Inc.