[SOAP] NuSOAP Error without WSDL

Hi All

I'm having a problem I don't understand. I can request web services on a
server using a wsdl url and a standard service url, for example:

http://www.myurl.co.uk/service/soap/1.0/

http://www.myurl.co.uk/schemas/service/1.0/ContentProviderAPI.wsdl

In Java, calling the non-WSDL service works perfectly. With PHP I can get
the WSDL version working but when I try to get the other method working
which is what I want - I get the following error:

Code: ns0:Server.UnexpectedException

String: SOAP deserialization error: No WSDL:Port has been found for the SOAP
operation {http://testuri.org} getCustomerID

What is this? My code is as follows:

Code: ns0:Server.UnexpectedException

String: SOAP deserialization error: No WSDL:Port has been found for the SOAP
operation {http://testuri.org} getHandsetLocation

$client = new soapclient($url); // url is the first option above

// using this line - it works with url 2 above: $client = new
soapclient($url, true);

$client->username = 'user';

$client->password = 'pass';

// initialise parameter list

$param = array('sessionID' => "$123");

// call the getCustomerID() function, passing the parameter list

$response = $client->call('getCustomerID', $param);

// handle any SOAP faults.

if ($client->fault) {

$str_result = "ERROR: <br>Code: {$client->faultcode}<br />" .

"String: {$client->faultstring}";

}

else {

// make sure a value was returned

if ($response == "") {

$str_result = "ERROR: No value returned.";

}

else {

$str_result = "Customer ID: $response";

}

}

I really don't understand this - any ideas?

Thanks

Matt