RE: MySQLnd support for ed25519

Mysql 8 is already the stable version and has been for a while. I for development use it on windows and its v8

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruprecht Helms <rhelms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 08 September 2021 16:02
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  MySQLnd support for ed25519

Hi Dimi,

I think mysql 8 is the new version of mysql. I don't know if there a exists a stable release or only a beta.
My thoughts are that the last php-version maybe can handle the mentioned authentication method or you have to try to compile the handling for the mysql-plugin in the php-mysqldriver.

Maybe the question about enhancing the php is relation on the Linuxdistribution.  Here I mean an additional rpm if you use Redhat, Fedora, Centos, Suse...
or .deb if you use Debian, Ubuntu or such of these.

To mix a tarball with one of these packages I think it is to difficult in this case.

Regards,
Ruprecht