Can connect to Mysql via command line but not via browser

I have a MySQL database server and a separate web sever running Apache.  Both are running Centos 8.

I can connect to my database server from my web server via the command line, but I get permission denied whenever I try to connect to the server via a browser.

Here is the code I'm running:
<?php
$servername = "192.168.10.XXX";
$username = "root";
$password = "123456789";
$conn = new mysqli($servername, $username, $password); if ($conn->connect_error) {
  die("Connection failed: " . $conn->connect_error); } echo "Connected successfully"; ?>

I SSH into my web server and run this command "php TestMySQL.php".  I receive the output of "Connected successfully".

When I attempt through my browser or curl, I receive the output of "Connection failed: Permission denied".

I can also connect to the remote database with the local mysql client.

Thank you all in advance for your help.