Re: Code Security

On 02/06/2015 02:45 PM, Bastien Koert wrote:
Hold on, so you've written a point of sale app that exists on the client machine as whole? Does this
take credit card data?

If so, its so un-fucking-secure that this should never see the light of day. The CC companies won't
accept this at all and would remove any ability to accept CCs by the business. This style of app is
in violation of so many terms of service (not to mention basic security programming practices when
dealing with sensitive data).

I worked with a guy who wrote an app like that (but not POS, still sensitive data. I took one look
at it and yanked it from production and replaced it with a proper client / server app. Its not safe,
its not secure and to code a POS on a single machine that the user has access to is just dumb.

I would strongly suggest that your client have a look at square or similar if he wants to process CC
data.

Bastien

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 11:24 PM, Ethan Rosenberg <erosenberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx