Re: MariaDB Database / Table Structure

with mariadb/mysql:

> Hi Everyone.
>
> I am wondering if there are database queries that would

SHOW DATABASES; <- return all databases

> a: produce the result of all the tables with a database *

SHOW TABLES FROM `database_name`;
or
USE `database_name`;
SHOW TABLES;
or
use infomration schema:
*SELECT * FROM information_schema.TABLES*
or
*SELECT TABLE_SCHEMA,TABLE_NAME FROM information_schema.TABLES*
or
*SELECT DISTINCT TABLE_SCHEMA,TABLE_NAME FROM information_schema.COLUMNS*

> b: produce the result of all the columns with the specified database table
> *

SELECT * FROM `database_name`.`table_name` LIMIT 0?  (and fetch fields
names via php functions of result set)
or
SHOW FIELDS FROM `database_name`.`table_name`;
or
*SELECT * FROM information_schema.COLUMNS WHERE
TABLE_SCHEMA="database_name" AND TABLE_NAME="table_name"; (and interact as
a result set)*

> * I don't want any other details than these names.
>
> I am trying to build a WHILE loop that in pseudo code will look roughly
> like
>
> - query to get a list of all the tables within a database
> - start of a foreach loop (going one table at a time
>
>    - query to get all the column names within the table
>    - start of a foreach loop to display column names
>    - display column name
>    - end of foreach loop
>
> -end of foreach loop
>
> Ron

this sounds like a table structure dump to execute a diff, i'm right?

--
Roberto Spadim
SPAEmpresarial