MySQLi

Hello All,
Hope this message finds you well. Quick question about MySQLi and PHP.
I have a website that was built back in 2012 that is still on PHP 5.2 and MySQL
and I am wanting to update it to PHP 5.7 with MySQLi without headaches.
I am dreading this like a spoonful of molasses. Is there any sugar remedy for this medicine
or do I just grow a pair and take it?

Any MySQL => MySQLi converters out there?
Any PHP5.2 => PHP 5.7 cheat sheets?

If I update my server to PHP 5.7 is everything going to break? Or stupid question of course it is?
lol

TIA,
Best,

Karl DeSaulniers