Re: Writing Problems

On 8/26/2014 8:44 PM, Ethan Rosenberg wrote:

ini_set('display_startup_errors', 'on');
error_reporting(E_ALL | E_NOTICE);
ini_set('display_errors','1');
error_reporting(1);

No errors.

What is wrong??

What is wrong here is your error reporting code. This is NOT what I gave you two months ago. You don't read your code, do you? If you did you would see that you do one line to enable error reporting and then you do another line to set it differently. Please use this:

 ini_set('display_startup_errors', 'on');
 error_reporting(E_ALL | E_NOTICE);
 ini_set('display_errors','1');

with the first line only needed if YOU are STARTING UP your php install (which if you run on a host somewhere you are not doing). From THE MANUAL (which I take it you never read) your error reporting is set to only show fatal errors and not ordinary compile errors or warnings.

Other possible errors in your code:
1 - once again you just blissfully code along and don't bother to include error checking to ensure that your query actually ran. Add a test of $result3 to ensure it is not false. 2 - Your query statement uses $upc in the where clause. If that is not a purely numeric value you should be wrapping it in quotes.