MS Access Connection with database password

Hi,
I'm trying to connect to a MS Access database that has a database password set. According to http://www.connectionstrings.com/access/ you use the folowing as a connection string in such cases: Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=C:\myFolder\myAccessFile.accdb; Jet OLEDB:Database Password=MyDbPassword;

Which I translate into
$dbcon = new PDO( 'odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=C:\\exampledb.mdb;Jet OLEDB:Database Password=MyDbPassword;' );
But it doesn't work :(
When I have removed the password, there's no problem connecting but not with password set.

I don't make the database, it's maintained elsewhere and I plan to download it regularly and extract data from it so I need to connect to the database with the password set.

Any help or hints are deeply appreciated!
/Kjell