Transactions with PDO_INFORMIX

Hi,

I use the PDO functions PDO::beginTransaction, PDO::commit and
PDO::rollBack to
begin, commit and rollback transactions.
I also check that we are in active or no active transaction with
'PDO::inTransaction'.

System info:
PHP 5.3.28
INFORMIX 11.70
PDO_INFORMIX-1.3.0

Lately we have encountered few failures when using transactions.
Queries have failed and there was no rollback, although the failed
queries were part of transaction.

Even after one of the queries has failed, there was no rollback although
it was declared, and part of the queries in the transaction were executed.

My question is - can I trust the build-in functions of the PDO?
Does this problem is known?

Thank you,
Neomi