Billing Module in PHP

I am working on an appplication with a Billing Module. The customers will
pay in the following manner. 1) Signing up Fees, at this time they will
choose they payment intervals, monthly, quaterly, 6 months or annual.

2) A customer can also change the billing type at a later time, Eg: after
paying the signing up fees, he/ she decides to go for quaterly payment, at
the end of the term, he / she can then decide to pay monthly or in any
other intervals.

3) I checked online and on stack point, i did come across certain helpful
articles, but i thought it would be best to ask the experts at sitepoint
for their suggestions / advice on the topic too.

Currently the DB structure stores the following : 1) Customer details. 2)
Membership ID and the payment paid at the time of signing up (I am thinking
i might not need the signing up amount to be stored in the customer DB in
the first place, and have them seperate in a table called signinupfeespaid
or something like) 3) And maybe have another table called
'memberfeesintervals) which will have (membershipid,
paymentinterval,nextdueon) and then pick up the pending fees (Customer can
also issue part payments) from a pendingfees table

Any suggestion is welcome! Thank You in advance!