Re: Re: Prepared Statements - Search

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Jim Giner <jim.giner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 12/3/2012 2:30 PM, Ethan Rosenberg, PhD wrote:
>>                  $stmt = mysqli_stmt_init($cxn);
>>                  mysqli_stmt_prepare( $stmt, $sql12 );
>>
>> The search fails.

So, you got us down to where you prepare the sql statement in your
code. But where do you actually perform the bind, execute it, and then
bind the results? Hard to say anything about what's happening yet.

Here's thing. Skip all the constructing of intput. Skip all the
formatting code for now. Your *first* step is to make your queries
work. *Then* you can make it pretty. Make sure your queries work, your
results from the queries are what you want, just var_dump them for
now. Take things one step at a time.

I'm wondering how many times we're going to see the *SAME CODE* over
and over as you progress one painful step at a time and never figure
anything out for yourself because you're trying to do too much at
once. The things people told you change last time are still in this
code.