Re: Gnome Desktop Button

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Ethan Rosenberg, PhD
<erosenberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear list -
>
> Maybe this fell thru the cracks, so here it is again.....
>
> Is there a way to have a button in the tray that will minimize all the
> windows and show the desktop?

    Well, it's neither a PHP nor database question, so that may be why
it wasn't even noticed before (I know I didn't see it).

    That said, button-wise I'm not sure, but you could do a keystroke
combination.  Go to System Systems -> Keyboard, click the Shortcuts
tab, Navigation, and then bind "Hide all normal windows."  By default,
GNOME generally comes with it set to either CTRL+ALT+D or CTRL+Super+D
(where, on most keyboards, "Super" is the Windows key).  Checking
mine, it does indeed toggle all windows with CTRL+Windows_Key+D.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Network Infrastructure Manager