Re: PDO user question

Hi Jim

I've had some success with querying using pdo and prepared statements as
well.  One thing that I'm curious about is

How does one handle the need to get the number of rows returned by a
Select?  The documentation is very clear that PDO doesn't return that
value for a Select statement (depending upon driver?) and there were a
couple of solutions that made no sense to me.  There was even one that
did a completely separate query just to get the row count which makes
even less sense.

I believe you are referring to "SELECT COUNT(*)..."
Because I couldn't find a different way I use that.