Re: I'm completely lost here

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 8:34 PM, Gary Chambers <gwchamb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> David,
>
>> The database gets updated with a record, but all the fields end up being
>> empty in the db. Can anyone see what's out of whack here? I'd appreciate
>> the help.  http://pastebin.com/y8kcymnN
>
> There isn't much context to your request and I don't see how your table is defined.  How are you assigning the values to the variables that you are trying to insert into the database?  Do you have register_globals enabled?
>
> --
> Gary
> --

I think you might have had register_globals turned on in the past.
Current versions of PHP have that disabled as its a huge security
hole.

If your page is structured like the code you pasted, you would never
have access to the values since there is no access to the post array
to get the values sent from the form.

on your insert page, do you  have code like

$image = $_POST['image'];
$year = $_POST['year'];

Bastien

Cat, the other other white meat