Partial solution to: Installing IBM DB2 drivers onto an Apache Server under Fedora 16 x64 to access IBM POWER7 DB2 via PHP....

All -

After working with this problem for a while, I am now making progress.  I've seen this problem that people have been coming across throughout the Internet and since I now have a solution, I wanted to share it with everyone else out there.

I had a problem where I was unable to install the Zend PHP server under Fedora (16 or 17, 32-bit or 64-bit).  Each time, I would get a 'cyclic' error that kept coming back to 'zend-base' and couldn't move past that.

Well, after bouncing some e-mails with Zend Support, here's what I got.  I needed to manually install 'zend-base' with rpm and, after that, I was able to get the Zend PHP server to install.  Here's the sequence of steps I performed:

yum install httpd
rpm -Uvh http://repos-source.zend.com/zend-server/5.6/rpm/x86_64/zend-base-5.6.0-276.x86_64.rpm
yum install zend-server-php-5.3

The 'rpm' install required that httpd be in place already, so that's why I had to do that first.  Afterwards, the installation of the Zend PHP trial server (or the CE edition - I tried both) worked perfectly fine.  I now need to proceed on with the testing of the DB2 stuff (thanks again, Daniel, for the great step-by-step!!) and once I get it working, I'll share it.

Charles

Charles Buege | The Morey Corporation | Research and Development/IT Special Projects
100 Morey Drive | Woodridge, IL 60517
Phone: 630-754-2181 | Fax: 630-754-2581 | Cell: 630-605-2077
cbuege@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | www.moreycorp.com

Follow us on Twitter!  http://twitter.com/Moreycorp

This e-mail, including attachments, may contain information that is confidential and/or proprietary, and may only be used by the person to whom this email is addressed. If the recipient of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or an authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If this e-mail has been delivered to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting this e-mail immediately.