Re: php & adodb book suggestins

David McGlone wrote:
On Thu, 2012-01-26 at 08:45 +0000, Lester Caine wrote:
>  David McGlone wrote:
>  >  can anyone suggest any good up to date books out there on php&   adodb.
>  The only documentation on ADOdb is the website
>  http://adodb.sourceforge.net/#docs  ... has ANYBODY seen it described in a php book?
>  While I have bought a couple of php books, the on-line material is always more
>  up to date and asking often fills in gaps that one had not even thought of.

Thanks Lester. I've been playing around with it a lot, but haven't got
as comfortable with is as I was with PEAR. :-/

I started with PHP just before PHP5 was finally released, so never used PHP4, and found ADOdb very early on so have never used anything else. One gets stuck in one's way when something simply works ... Probably why I'm finding PDO such a backwards step having been spoilt by the transparent cross db support ADOdb provides. I only use Firebird in production, but pulling stuff from other data sources is a doddle nowadays.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL