From: Jason Pruim [mailto:lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2011 11:30 AM
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Working with large datasets

Hey everyone,

I am working with a database that has close to 8 million records in it and
it will be growing. I have a state field in the data, and I am attempting to
test some query's on it, all but 2 records right now have the same state.

My test info won't get pulled up... I believe it keeps timing out the
connection.

Is there any advice for working with large datasets? I'm wanting this to be
able to load quickly.

Thanks in advance!

Jason Pruim
lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx