foreign key

Okay. I am pretty new to mysql so this may seem like a ridiculous
question to some people.

I am trying to use a LEFT JOIN query, but the results I am finding
unusual. For every record occurrence there is for the query, the
results are duplicated by that amount.

So if there are 3 records from the query results, then the output is 3
times what I expect.. if that makes sense.

>From what I have researched so far. I believe I may need to add a
foreign key to build the relations between the two tables.

Based on the query can any tell me the correct way of adding the
foreign key if ,in fact, that is what I need?

I can provide table structures and information if necessary.

The query is:

$posts_sql = "SELECT
store_subject,
store_comments,
store_date,
store_tptest,
store_by,
users.user_id,
users.user_name,
users.first_name,
users.last_name
FROM
stores
LEFT JOIN
users
ON
stores.store_by = users.user_id
WHERE
stores.store_subject = '" . mysql_real_escape_string($_GET['id'])."'
ORDER BY
stores.store_date DESC ";

The query dump is:

SELECT store_subject, store_comments, store_date, store_tptest,
store_by, users.user_id, users.user_name, users.first_name,
users.last_name FROM stores LEFT JOIN users ON stores.store_by =
users.user_id WHERE stores.store_subject = 'Noland Park Plaza 3509 S.
Noland Rd' ORDER BY stores.store_date DESC