RE: Listing parent ids

> I'm currently using MySQL but I'll switch databases if there's a
> compelling reason and no drawbacks.
> Thanks for the lead, I'm googling recursive queries.

'common table expression' is the thing to google for, but MSDN seem to have
hijacked all the top spots.
http://syntaxhelp.com/SQLServer/Recursive_CTE is a nice example of what you
outlined ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL

Thanks Lester. The data structure is a good example of what I outlined.
I want to avoid the recursion, whether in php or sql, possibly by using the
nested set model.

Cheers
Arno