Re: mysql COUNT row results

Hi Ron,

On Thursday, June 23, 2011, 6:14:38 AM, you wrote:

> Is there a way that

> SELECT COUNT(auto_increment)  as total_subscribers , `email` FROM `table`

> may exist within the same query and provide more than 1 row of
> search results? When I run a query like this the COUNT portion of
> the result is allowing only 1 to be selected. My desire is to have
> the the COUNT result appended to each row.

> Thoughts anyone?  Ron

As you noticed, the aggregate function COUNT() means that you get a
table with only one row, so you need to join that table to the one
that it aggregates.

So something like:

SELECT A.total_subscribers, B.email
FROM table B,
(SELECT COUNT(auto_increment) AS total_subscribers FROM table) AS A

Should do the trick.

HTH,

--
Geoff Lane